Saturday, May 10, 2008

When they marry

One of the signs of getting older is when your  Grandchildren start getting married. When this takes place you know that great grandchildren are in your future! I count my self very blessed to be able to be a part of this. God has granted me enough time to see this extension of life. Having another generation seed planted, I know that there is a good chance of seeing this in the future. Some say that getting older is no prize. Everything seems to be warring out! I see getting older as a priceless reward from God. He has granted us the privilege to see our family grow.  Today our oldest grandson is getting married. Our prayer for him is that God will bless him with a long and happy life and that he will have eternal happiness with his Bride to be.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww...PaPa...that was so well put...thank you for putting a post up about the wedding...I didn't get to mine to post...but taking pics today and Hopefully getting them up tomorrow or Mon....God Is So Awesome...Just another thank you for our Study together..All the grandchildren are growing up so fast...Can't believe Emily is taller than I am...lol..most are...

The Downing 5 said...

Hey Papa, that was very sweet. Sometimes we want to push the pause button on the little ones just so we can enjoy the moment.

Unknown said...

A pause button would be nice in a lot of areas of our lives, better yet sometimes a delete button could come in handy. For all the not so good things. But still it would be nice to slow things down a bit.

Twirl Girl said...

yes I agree with that I want both buttons

Twirl Girl said...

yes I agree with that I want both buttons